A 'perfect storm' is brewing from our growing global population, increasing climate change and depleting natural resources. It thus makes perfect sense to shift to technology that makes use of unlimited resources – such as solar, wind & wave energy – and to better use materials through recycling and a 'circular economy' approach, where the waste from one industrial process is used as input to another. ‘Eco Technology’ or environmental technology is the application of scientific solutions to environmental challenges such as renewable energy generation, energy efficiency, water conservation and waste management. Solutions include photovoltaic panels, wind turbines, electric vehicles, hydroelectric power and anaerobic digestion. Shifting to sustainable use of energy and resources is also a great opportunity for transforming our economies, creating jobs in these new sectors and becoming more resilient and less reliant on fossil fuels imported from Russia or the Middle East. Using environmental technology can significantly contribute to the ‘sustainable socio-economic development’ objective of the Brighton & Lewes Downs Biosphere, with many practical examples here such as the Green Growth Platform supporting low carbon industries, local food growing promoted by the Brighton & Hove Food Partnership, sustainable transport through electric vehicles, and thriving community energy co-operatives in Brighton and Lewes. Eco Technology Show on 11-12th June at the Amex Stadium is THE place to come and find out more – register free today for fast-track entry! The Eco Technology Show is back and is shaping up to be the biggest yet with a packed show floor of 120 exhibitors and a free programme of over 70 seminars at the American Express stadium. A one stop shop for Business, Public Sector and Build Professionals looking for new innovations and low carbon solutions to drive down costs and streamline business.
Key show highlights include:Over 120 exhibitors form the show floor, including providers of energy management, build & retrofit, transport, innovation & resource efficiency services & solutions. To see a list of exhibitors click here. The Innovation Zone where products including solar cloths and robots to install insulation are being shown in public for the first time, and be sure to check out the latest ideas from Taiwan, whose London-based Trade Centre has chosen the Eco Technology Show to launch a range of products in the UK. Over 70 panels and seminars across 2 days covering topics and speakers for Business including Caroline Lucas, MP, Brighton Pavilion, Nandos Restaurants, Warren Mitchell, Brighton & Hove City Council, Environment Agency, EMA, Energy and Utility Skills, Ministry of Defence Mitchells and Butlers , RBS, Innovate UK, Thameslink, Essentia, Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust, Environmental Industries Commission, DECC Speaking on:
- Hear about the ambitions of the Greater Brighton Region for low carbon economic growth
- Find out how companies across the UK are keeping the cost of ESOS compliance low, yet are managing to get real benefits from a better understanding of their energy use and the opportunities to improve.
- Discover how to sell the case for energy efficiency to your Board, how to measure return on investment and what interventions have the best paybacks
- Find out how to comply with the ESOS mandatory energy assessment scheme, & the audits it requires on energy use in buildings, industrial processes & transport
- Learn how by becoming a LEC organisations can reduce their energy consumption, by strategically embedding energy efficiency training within organisational practices
- Understand how the role of an energy manager differs in the private & public sector and what are the challenges, & solutions, in each environment
- How to encourage employee behaviour change
- Think you don’t qualify for R&D tax relief? Think again
- Keynote: Where now post election?
- Understand that rather than being a burden, an ESOS audit can open up a range of energy and cost saving opportunities
- Benefits of Energy Performance Contracting
- What is the future of energy efficiency?
- 10 ISO 50001, the Energy Management System